Tall Poppy by Louise Healy
- Cut a 6" x 8 1/4" piece of Core'dinations Tattered Rose cardstock, score at 4 5/8" from the right edge, fold to create a flap card.
- Tape the Tall Poppy stencil to a 2" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock with removable tape.
- Use 1/4" stencil brushes and the Picasso tool to add color, use a black micron to color the center of the open poppy, remove and clean stencil.
- Replace the clean, dry stencil over the colored image and tape in place with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Translucent Embossing Paste to the image, remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning.
- Immediately sprinkle the wet paste with Ultrafine Crystal glitter, tap off extra, let paste dry.
- Tape the Large Flourish stencil to a 3 1/2" x 5 7/8" piece of white cardstock near the left side using removable tape.
- Use 1/4" stencil brushes to add Coral and Orange inks through the design.
- Remove the stencil and use an Ink Blusher to rouge color in the background, rouge a 1" x 5 7/8" piece of whit for the right edge of the card too.
- Adhere the flourish to the left flap of the card front, adhere the 1" strip to the right side of the inside of the card front.
- Add a 1/2" strip of green cardstock across the front flap and the side strip to look like a ribbon, add two pearl gems to the strip side.
- When the paste is dry, adhere the poppies to a 2 1/8" x 5 5/8" tattered rose mat.
- Use foam tape to apply the poppy layer to the left flap of the card front.
Also uses these supplies:
- Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
- Cardstock by Core'dinations Brilliance™
- Pearlescent Coral, Pearlescent Orange Inks by Tsukineko®
- Memento™ Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy Inks by Tsukineko®
- Pigma® 005 Black Micron® by Sakura®
- Rose Pearls by KaiserCraft
- Ink Blusher by Imagine Crafts®
- Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
- Scotch® Double-Sided Tape by 3M®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project