Orchid Crest Sunburst by Louise Healy
- Fold a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Coral Rose cardstock in half to form an A2 card.
- Dry emboss the Leopard Skin, Swirls, Fan Pattern, Cathedral Windows Sm, and Houndstooth on 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” pieces of white paper using a rubber embossing mat and die cut machine.
- Cut a 1-1/2” x 4-1/2” from one, cut a 1-1/2” x 4” piece from the next, cut a 1-1/2” x 3” piece from TWO different patterns, cut a 1-1/2” x 2” piece from the fifth embossed pattern.
- Cut a 1-1/2” x 2” piece of plain white, use the Columns stencil, 1/2” brush and P. Coral ink to create a stripe pattern on this piece.
- Use a 1/2” stencil brush and the P. Coral ink to do two other pieces (one larger, one medium), use the Rocket Red to deepen the color a little.
- Use a 1/2” stencil brush to add P. Thyme ink to the remaining three pieces so you end up with 3 coral and 3 green patterns.
- Cut each piece in half on the diagonal.
- Dry emboss the Orchid Crest stencil on white cardstock using a rubber embossing mat and die cut machine.
- Use 1/4” stencil brushes and the Picasso stencil to add color to the embossed image.
- Cut out around the Orchid Crest leaving a small border of white all around.
- Punch a 1” circle from white paper and place toward the upper left corner of a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Pimento cardstock.
- Arrange the embossed background piece around the Pimento paper with their small tip pointed to the white circle, check placement by setting the Orchid Crest over the design before adhering the pieces, adhere in place when you are satisfied with their placement.
- Turn to the back and cut away the part the hangs over the edge of the Pimento paper.
- Adhere the starburst to a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Pimento.
- Adhere the starburst to the card front.
- Use foam tape to add the Orchid Crest.
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Picasso Metal Shield/Stencil 7.49
- 1/4 inch Brush #6 Gold Handle 3.29
- Columns Metal Stencil 9.99
- Fan Pattern Metal Stencil 10.99
- Leopard Skin Metal Stencil 10.99
- Swirls Metal Stencil 10.99
- Cathedral Windows Small Metal Stencil 10.99
- Houndstooth Metal Stencil 10.99
- Orchid Crest Metal Stencil 7.49
Also uses these supplies:
My Color Cardstock by My Minds Eye (Coral Rose, Pimento)
- Brilliance™ Ink by Tsukineko® (P. Coral, Rocket Red, P. Thyme)
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- 1” circle punch
- Die Cut Machine
- Rubber Embossing Mat
- Foam Tape
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project