Who Am I Block by Katy Leitch
- Paint a wooden block with black gesso (you may need two coats). When dry, use a light touch to sponge purple paint over the black, leaving areas of the black visible. (I used artist grade fluid acrylic paint so I mixed mine with Tinting Base to make it opaque.)
- On the top of the block, use a palette knife to apply black embossing paste through the Stone Background stencil. When dry, dry brush with grey paint to highlight the texture.
- Die cut the tree from black card. Cut off the lower branches and keep one back. Dry brush the tree and branch with grey paint.
- Hand cut a gravestone in grey card and stamp it all over in black with the stone effect stamp from the Andy Skinner set.
- Die cut bats and glue them to pieces of wire. Pierce a hole in the middle of the block with a pokey tool and fill with glue before adding the wires into the hole.
- Add the tree to the reverse of the block. Add a tab to back of the gravestone so it will stand and glue that in place towards the back of the block.
- Glue the offcut from the tree to the front of the block. Stamp the greeting onto grey card, inking the bottom portion only. Cut out and distress the edges before adding over the branch on 3D foam.
- Stamp and colour the ‘Who Am I’ little creature stamp (I used Inktense pencils). Add a tab to the back of him and adhere at the front of the block.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
- Black Gesso by DecoArt®
- Tinting Base by DecoArt®
- Fluid Acrylics by DecoArt® (Dioxazine Purple, Medium Grey Value 6)
- Inktense Pencils by Derwent®
- Die Cut Machine
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project