Holiday Greetings and Holly by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut purple cardstock 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 and score at 4-1/4.
- Cut a lighter purple cardstock panel 5-1/4 x 4 and dry emboss using the Holiday Greetings embossing folder. Affix to the purple card front with Zip Dry adhesive.
- Paste Embossing: Cut a second piece of the lighter purple cardstock 5-1/4 x 4. Lay the Holiday Greetings stencil over the cardstock and secure in place on all 4 sides with 3M repositionable tape. Dip the Palette Knife into the gold embossing paste and spread onto the long side of the paste spreader. Starting at the top of the stencil, pull the paste spreader smoothly and evenly down over the stencil. Remove the tape from 3 sides of the stencil leaving the top taped edge in place. Carefully lift the stencil up from the bottom corner pulling away the tape. Drop the stencil immediately in a pan of water along with the palette knife and paste spreader.
- Molten Magic Technique was used on the holly leaves and sentiment area. Sprinkle the wet paste with Kiwi, Plum Royal, Gold Dust and Pixie Blush colors of Metallic FX Powders using a brush and taping it a few inches above the project. Tap the excess powders off. Heat the entire pasted area with a heat tool keeping it fairly close to the paper until the paste begins to bubble or blister. Avoid singeing the paper by immediately moving the tool to another area. Once the area is allowed to cool (10-20 minutes), take a Swiffer cloth or tack cloth to remove any excess powder from the cardstock's background.
- Cut the Holiday Greetings sentiment along the horizontal lines and 4-1/4 inches wide. Wrap purple silk ribbon around the left side of Holiday Greetings and tie into a pretty bow.
- Fussy cut two sections of holly leaves and mount them behind the left edge of the Holiday Greetings panel.
- Mount the Holiday Greetings panel and holly onto the card front with foam mounting tape to add dimension. Add Gold Class A Peel stickers to various areas of the leaves for added pop.
Also uses these supplies:
- Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
- Swiffer® Sweeper Dusting Cloth
- Silk Ribbon by May Arts
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- ATG Tape Runner 1/4" by 3M®
- Repositionable Tape 1/2" by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project