Long Bamboo Fan Pattern by Louise Healy
- Fold a 6" x 9-1/2" piece of Grasshopper cardstock in half to form an A6 card.
- Tape the Long Bamboo stencil to a 2" x 5-1/4" piece of white paper with removable tape.
- Use a 1/4" stencil brush to apply Bamboo Leaves ink to the design, deepening the color in some areas with additional layers of ink, remove and clean the stencil.
- Place the Fan Pattern stencil face down (so you can't see the stencil number) on the large platform of a die cut machine, spritz a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of white cardstock lightly with water and line it up on the stencil, carefully place the rubber embossing mat over the paper, add two cutting plates and run through the die cut machine.
- Leave the Fan Pattern stencil on the embossed image and brush the image with the green ink using a 1/2" stencil brush, remove and clean stencil, trim to 4" x 5-1/4".
- Adhere a 3/4" x 5-1/4" strip of green to each long side of the Long Bamboo leaving about 1/8" showing on each side, adhere towards the left side of the Fan Pattern background.
- Wrap a piece of purple jute around the right side of the Fan Pattern, adhere in the back, add a little tie in the front.
- Adhere the bamboo layer to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Grape Vine cardstock, then to the card front.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Grasshopper, Grape Vine)
- Memento™ Bamboo Leaves Ink by Tsukineko®
- Removable Tape
- Die Cut Machine
- Rubber Embossing Mat
- Purple Jute
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project